Black Sun speaks at seminar on changes in corporate reporting
On the 19th of October 2015, Sallie Pilot was asked to speak on a panel at a Deloitte seminar on the changes of corporate reporting. The central theme for the seminar stemmed from insights from Deloitte’s latest survey, which was on the state of UK Annual Reports.
Sallie was speaking alongside industry experts – Victoria Poole (Deloitte), Melanie McLaren (FRC), Russ Houlden (United Utilities) and Leon Kamhi (Hermes Investment Management).
Here are some insights from the seminar:
- Strategy and business model now have a bigger focus with Integrated Reporting
- Reporting is now more transparent and reporting requirements have driven this change in behaviour
- Communication with the FRC and good management judgement can give companies the option to declutter parts of their report
- There is a growing importance of using language that not only industry experts can understand
- Integrated Reporting can be seen as more beneficial as companies are able to tell their story their own way.
These insights contributed to the wider message of the discussion, the quality of corporate reporting has improved over the years, and the gradual changes meant they were more easily absorbed. The full article on the seminar can be found here.
Find more information, please contact Sarah Myles, Business Development Manager at [email protected].