Tullow's strategy shines brightest at ICSA Excellence in Governance Awards
Tullow Oil had cause for celebration this week, as they picked up the award for ‘Best Strategy & Risk Disclosure for a FTSE 100’ at a glittering black-tie affair at the Brewery on Wednesday evening. Black Sun was a proud sponsor of the ceremony which was hosted by publisher and broadcaster Andrew Neil and featured Baroness Hogg, Chair of the Financial Reporting Council, as guest speaker for the evening.
The Excellence in Governance Awards are about recognising and celebrating high standards in governance whilst rewarding organisations and individuals for their achievements. The awards dinner is the annual celebration for the UK governance community and an opportunity for organisations in the business, public and charitable sectors to demonstrate their commitments to the highest standards of governance.
BAE systems were also nominated for two awards on the evening including 'Best Annual Report’ and’ Best Board Disclosure’ and new Black Sun client, Telecity also proved their commitment to governance, scooping the award for 'Best Board Disclosure for a FTSE 250'.
Other winners included:
- Johnson Matthey plc, Best Annual Report FTSE 100, sponsored by Black Sun plc
- Great Portland Estates plc, Best Annual Report FTSE 250, sponsored by Black Sun plc
- Marks and Spencer plc, Best Board Disclosure FTSE 100, sponsored by ICSA Board Evaluation
- Shanks Group plc, Best Strategy and Risk Disclosure FTSE 250, sponsored by Addleshaw Goddard LLP
- Johnson Matthey plc, Sustainability and Stakeholder Engagement FTSE 100, supported by the International Integrated Reporting Committee
- Drax Group plc, Sustainability and Stakeholder Engagement FTSE 250, supported by the International Integrated Reporting Committee
- McBride plc, Best Small Cap and AIM report, supported by Quoted Companies Alliance
The Company Secretary Awards also shared the spotlight on the evening and saw Katie Ellis from Amlin winning the ‘One to Watch' award and Sarah Brain from Genel Energy winning the award for ‘Deputy Company Secretary of the year' for her time at Misys plc.
Black Sun would like to congratulate all of our clients for being recognised at these prestigious awards and for their continuous ambition and dedication to producing best practice Corporate Reporting programmes.