Black Sun wins at the HR Excellence Awards 2007
Black Sun is proud to announce a win in the Growing Business category at the 2007 HR Excellence Awards.
As a company, Black Sun is very passionate about attracting, retaining and growing the very best people they can find, which it believes is fundamental to delivering sustainable growth and excellence of service to its clients.
As a consequence, Black Sun places employee development at the heart of the business and has made a significant investment in putting in place career development and engagement initiatives, including:
- Defined job roles and responsibilities
- A formal review system with appraisals and tailored personal development plans
- Dedicated training budgets
- Ongoing internal communications including feedback initiatives such as the employee survey
- Recognition and reward initiatives, such as bonus scheme
- Employee benefits encompassing private medical care, life insurance, critical illness cover, company pension scheme, childcare vouchers and payroll giving.
The Growing Business category is specifically for SMEs whose lesser resources are counter balanced by the imagination and flexibility they deploy for the use of their people.
David Christopherson, Chief Executive of Black Sun Plc, says: “We are delighted by this award which recognises the hard work and investment that has been put in by everybody on our employee initiatives. We remain passionate and committed to this course and I greatly look forward to building on the foundations that have been laid as we move towards our goal of being the employer of choice in our sector.”